I’m Alive! I’m Alive!
November 22, 2010
I was going to say it’s been a busy summer, but then I realized that we’re already, like, wayyy into fall, and that it’s going to be December in nine days. Yikes! (FYI, I hate December. And January. Except for Christmas, what’s the point? It’s only light, for, like, six hours a day. It makes me want to sleep through the whole two months.)
Anyway, I guess it’s been a busy summer/start of fall.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
1. Writing. Of course writing! My new tween book, RULES FOR SECRET KEEPING, is now out, and the new Hailey Twitch book, HAILEY TWITCH AND THE GREAT TEACHER SWITCH, came out at the beginning of the month.
(Those actually weren’t the books I was writing, though. Those books were done a while ago, obvs. I was working on my new YA that will be out next summer, which is called SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS, and a new tween that will be out next fall.)
2. Moving. This one’s actually still going on. The Boy and I bought a house, and we closed on it on September 30th. Yay! I was shocked at how hard it was to buy a house. We were serious! We wanted to buy! But every time we put an offer in on something, it seemed to fall apart for some reason. It was either a short sale, or the inspection didn’t go well, or SOMETHING. In fact, at one point someone referred to our home search as “tumultuous.” (Which actually wasn’t very nice when you think about it. Even if it was tumultuous. Of course, the person who said it was kind of a brat, so that could be clouding my judgment.)
Anyway, I kept telling myself that buying a house was like writing – you just have to keep trying until something hits. And finally it did! We love our new house. We’re all moved in, but we only have furniture for, like, three rooms so far. And we have a lot more painting to do, although we’re getting so sick of painting that the really weird green color in the room that is going to be the library (!!) is starting to look not so bad.
3. Reading My mom bought me a kindle for my birthday. I’ve been reading sooo much more since I got it! I love it. I think I’ll always buy books, though, especially because of the aforementioned library in our new house. Speaking of my mom, we started a book club. It’s kind of weird, though, in the sense that we’re reading different books. We each picked a book for the other to read. She’s making me read SARAH’S KEY, and I’m making her read LAST NIGHT AT CHATEAU MARMONT. You can see we have very different taste in books.
4. Watching fall TV. Parenthood, Dancing with the Stars, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, Property Virgins, and Life Unexpected is usually what’s on my DVR. (Although I’m really sad that The Situation got voted off DWTS. He was the best part of the show, imo. It was just so funny watching him dance.)
5. Taking care of our new puppy! We have a new puppy. Her name is Ally, and she’s a labradoodle. She’s soooo good, like, the best puppy ever. Well, except for when she’s eating socks and jumping around and grabbing the bottom of my pants and pulling them down when we are in the backyard.
Okay, so now that I look at it, it doesn’t really seem like that much. But really, it was a lot, I swear. And I know I’m probably forgetting like three bazillion things that happened. Oh! Like how there’s going to be audio books of TWO WAY STREET, WATCH ME, and ONE NIGHT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING! They’ll be out at the end of this year/beginning of next year, starting with TWO-WAY STREET. And how I went to my sister-in-law’s wedding, and how I bought the coziest boots, like, ever at Target and how I got bit by the dog next door. Yikes!
Anyway, now that things have sort of settled down, I’ll be back to blogging more regularly.
What have YOU all been up to?
RSS feed for comments on this post.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: