May 13, 2009
I know I have not been blogging lately. I think it is because I’ve been twittering so much. Honestly, it’s so addicting! And fast! And fun! But I am going to be better about blogging, since I really do love my blog.
1. I will be at the Hudson Children’s Book Festival on Saturday, signing and participating in a panel discussion. If you are in the area, you should stop by because there are going to be A TON of amazing authors there. Check out the list and info here: http://hudsonchildrensbookfestival.com/
2. I am going to BEA! I am so excited! Seriously, I cannot wait. I’ve never been before. Any BEA tips? What do people wear? What should I bring? How many books are there really? Will I maybe bump into Meg Cabot in the bathroom line?
3. Right now I’m working on revising ACES UP.. AND OTHER PERKS OF A FAKE I.D., my YA about a girl who gets caught up in an underground gambling ring. This is my first book with Delacorte, so I was a little nervous about my revision letter. But I love my new editor, she’s so smart and her changes are going to make this book SO. MUCH. BETTER. She might be a genius, even.
4. ARCs of DEVON DELANEY SHOULD TOTALLY KNOW BETTER have arrived! They. Are. So. Cute. The book is also available for pre-order from pretty much everywhere, if you’re into such things. I really had a great time writing this book, and I hope I get to write about Devon again someday.
1. I am so caught up in American Idol. I boycotted it last season, I don’t remember why. But this year.. sigh. I even tried to vote for Adam last night, and got very frustrated when I couldn’t get through. I hope he makes it to the finals, but either way, I’ll definitely buy his album. Is it lame to go see the IDOLS LIVE tour? Yeah, I think definitely.
2. Spencer has a rap song!! Have you heard it? If not, you should listen to it. I played it for The Boy, and we then had the following conversation.
Me: Can you believe THAT??
The Boy: Well, I mean, it’s not that bad.
Me: *stares blankly*
The Boy: I’m just saying, I mean.. it’s like anything else on the radio right now. I can’t tell the difference.
The thing is, he’s kind of right. Once you get past how, you know, bad it is, it’s kind of catchy. I don’t know if that makes any sense, but if you listen to it, maybe you’ll see what I mean.
Oh! One other fun thing about Spencer? He twitters! And yesterday he was twittering all about how happy he was that Lauren Conrad didn’t make Maxim’s Hot 100 List, and Heidi did. And then he brought up something about Laguna Beach, which is so, like, 2003, but you know that Spencer — always one to hold a grudge.
3. I am planning on having ice cream tonight.
4. I really, really need a new phone. My phone now.. hmm, how can I explain it? You know those phones you see in older movies, when they’re like, "I’LL CALL HIM ON MY CELL PHONE?" and they pull out something that is the size of a truck and everyone in the movie is like, "Oooooh!" and everyone watching is like, "OMG, THIS MOVIE IS OLD!" That’s kind of what my phone is like. Only it also doesn’t really hold a charge anymore, and if I miss a call, it won’t tell me who it was.
Any recommendations for a new phone? I have Cingular, and I’m leaning toward the Blackberry, since I don’t know if I can get past the touchscreen on the iPhone.
5. I have a new website!! Check out the new look at www.laurenbarnholdt.com .. I still have some sections to add, but it looks spiffy, no?
RSS feed for comments on this post.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: