Harvey

January 8, 2009

Hello!

I know I haven’t blogged in a while, but I have a lot of excuses, I swear.

First, I was busy writing lots of books.

And second, I got a treadmill.

I know! I have always wanted a treadmill! Or some piece of exercise equipment. I remember when I was seventeen watching Home Shopping Network and really, really, wanting one of those Gazelle things. (Come on, you totally did, too — those things are COOL.) Anyway. I could never really justify spending the money before, and I was living in really small apartments, or with my parents, or college dorm rooms, or.. yeah.

But now! Now I have one and it is all MINE, MINE, MINE!

They delivered him yesterday at 7:58 am. Apparently I was only eligible for “CURBSIDE DELIVERY” whatever that means, so we had to bring him in ourselves. (Yes, my treadmill is male. I don’t know why. I just get a very strong male vibe from him. Maybe because I will love him at first and then look at him only as something that was sent here purely to torture me?)

At first, we were going to pay one of The Boy’s friends to put him together for us. The Boy has lot of handy friends, some of whom even have tools. We don’t. Have tools, I mean. Just, like, one of those really small kits you can get at Ikea for ten dollars.

But that big box sitting there all day was tempting me, until I couldn’t resist anymore. I had to rip it open! And once I did, we couldn’t just let the parts sit on the floor. So we put him together. And it wasn’t that hard.

I named him Harvey.

More later,
xx

Posted by Lauren @ 11:32 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

Comments

1. ohhjuliet says:

I went running out at 6 am to buy an elliptical, which then sat in garage for 2 weeks until I put it together. (I put it together myself, however, go me!)

I was afraid to use it right after I put it together, because what if I did it wrong or crappy or whatever and it fell apart when I stepped on it and I broke something (on me, not the elliptical).

I used a few times, even.

Eventually, I used it to hang sweaters from.

Sometimes my youngest child would use it, even though she couldn’t really make it work. But still, someone was using it.

When my exhusband started going through his most recent divorce (scandalous sounding, right?) he wanted to get in shape, and since I am the best ex-wife ever, and clearly better than his new ex-wife, I gave it to him.

He is not using it to hang sweaters.

Also, it has not fallen apart.

2. ohhjuliet says:

I used a few times, even.

Eventually, I used it to hang sweaters from.

He is not using it to hang sweaters.

Also, it has not fallen apart.

3. craftastrophe says:

I was actually afraid mine was going to fall apart, too! But it’s very sturdy. I intentionally bought one that was supposed to be very sturdy. BUT I am kind of afraid that they’ll be a power surge or something while I’m on it, and it will malfunction and jack up to 25 MPH and kill me…

4. craftastrophe says:

5. ohhjuliet says:

What you need to do is perfect the art of jumping your feet out sideways, like a jumping jack, except you don’t jump back in.

I was at the gym not too long ago (it was kind of too long ago, but not that long ago, I need to go back, I’m a slacker, but it’s so cold in the morning). Anyway, I was at the gym and I had it on automatic or whatever and it goes by your pulse or something and all of a sudden it was going really fast and on a huge incline, I had to hold on for dear life and try to hit the “manual” button. It was very funny, but also, I don’t like when machines revolt. My friend Julie was amused. I mostly stick to the manual setting now. I’m no fool.

6. ohhjuliet says:

7. mandymorgan says:

Good move on getting Harvey instead of a Gazelle.

My dad used to have a Gazelle. You could burn a good ten calories in ten minutes if you tried hard enough….

8. mandymorgan says:

Good move on getting Harvey instead of a Gazelle.